Localisation Summer School
Lion People Global was delighted to speak to a group of aspiring localisation professionals at the 13th Localisation Research Centre (LRC) Localisation Summer School in University of Limerick on Wednesday, May 20 2015.
This three-day event featured a hands-on workshop focusing on solving common localisation issues, a seminar on quality in localization and a talk from L10n People on the various career paths that are available to localization graduates and how social media can be used to find work.
My colleague Justyna, a former vendor manager with a multinational LSP, explained the relationship between translators and LSP, and how translators can better cooperate with clients and LSPs.
After watching this video you will understand:
- Who your point of contact will be in an LSP
- The relationship between a translator and a vendor manager
- The importance of your first project with an LSP
- Barriers to better cooperation from a translator’s perspective
- Barriers to better cooperation from a client’s perspective
- Typical mistakes translators make and how to avoid them
- How to increase cooperation and get more assignments
- The future for translators